Account Hacked, changed Email

Marko Stanisic 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T22:32:06.19+00:00

Hello Microsoft Support,

I am contacting you again because my Microsoft account has been hacked.

The hacker changed the email address associated with my account, and I no longer have access to it. The biggest problem is that I do not know the new email address, so I cannot complete the account recovery process.

I am the original owner of this account, and I can provide my original email address, previous passwords, Xbox Gamertag, purchase history, and other information to verify my ownership through a secure verification process.

Could you please help me recover my account or direct me to someone who can assist me with this issue?

I would really appreciate your help, as this account is very important to me.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | Other | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lucus-V 13,895 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-10T17:01:49.35+00:00

    Hi Marko Stanisic,

    I'm sorry to hear that your account has been compromised.

    As community members, we do not have access to Microsoft accounts, account ownership records, recovery systems, or internal support tools. Because of this, we cannot identify the new email address that may have been added to the account, verify ownership, recover the account, or escalate the case on your behalf. The issue described involves a Microsoft account where the associated email address was changed following unauthorized access.

    Since this is an account compromise scenario, your best option is to continue working through Microsoft's official account recovery process:

    If the available recovery options do not restore access, only Microsoft Support can determine whether any additional recovery options are available for your specific case. Unfortunately, the Microsoft Q&A community has no ability to access, modify, or restore Microsoft accounts.

    I understand how important this account is to you, especially if it contains purchases, subscriptions, or personal data. I hope you are able to regain access through the official recovery channels.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.