Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
Dear @Denise Maio
Thank you for reaching out. I understand how frustrating it can be when your emails are automatically saved to Drafts and the Send button is grayed out.
Outlook normally saves unfinished messages to the Drafts folder automatically. However, the disabled Send button suggests that something may be preventing Outlook from sending the message.
I recommend trying the following steps:
- Check the recipient: Create a new email, manually enter a valid email address in the To field, add a subject and a short message, and check whether the Send button becomes available.
Verify your sending account: If you have multiple email accounts in Outlook, check the From field and make sure the correct account is selected.
- Check your connection, log out and log back in, and restart your computer.
- Test Outlook on the web: Sign in at https://outlook.office.com (work/school account) and try sending a test email. This will help determine whether the issue is specific to the Outlook application.
You can also refer to Microsoft's official troubleshooting guide: Microsoft Support – I can't send or receive messages in Outlook
To help me narrow down the issue, could you please confirm:
Does the Send button remain grayed out even after entering a valid recipient?
Did this issue start recently, or has it happened since you first configured Outlook?
If possible, please also share a screenshot showing the disabled Send button, with any personal information hidden.
Once I have these details, I can guide you through the most appropriate solution.