Outlook Issues with reply and formatting

Chinmayee Kolhe 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T01:52:14.18+00:00

When I use Reply All, images from the original email are automatically carried into the reply and appear combined with the email content. The images appear to be embedded/combined with the email body, rather than being treated separately, which makes the reply difficult to edit and manage. I want to permanently stop images from the original email being automatically included in my replies. I cannot find an option in my current Outlook version to permanently choose “Do not include original message” when replying. Some of the options/settings shown in Microsoft support instructions are not available in my Outlook.

Also, The email forwarded or sent sometimes gets delivered to others as a text which includes everything.

I also have difficulty finding certain formatting, attachment and email-management options that I previously had access to. I tried to switch between classic outlook and the new but its the same issue.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jade Ng 15,945 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-08T02:41:20.2633333+00:00

    Dear Chinmayee Kolhe,

    First of all, I want to begin by sincerely apologizing for the frustration and inconvenience this issue has caused you.

    As a first step, please make sure Outlook is composing messages in HTML format.

    For Classic Outlook, select File > Options > Mail and confirm that Compose messages in this format is set to HTML. Under Replies and forwards, if When replying to a message is available, select Do not include original message.

    Untitled

    Untitled

    For New Outlook, select Settings > Mail > Compose and reply, then confirm that the message format is set to HTML.

    Untitled

    Please also create a completely new HTML email, add some formatted text and an image, and send it to yourself. Then compare this with a Reply All to one of the affected messages.

    Kindly let me know how it goes. I appreciate your patience, and I am here to help. Looking forward to your response!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.