Unable to sign in into my Microsoft account which is hacked.

Malhar Kharote 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T06:13:51.1733333+00:00

I have another microsoft account which I used to sign in with the gmail : ******@gmail.com, but recently it just says that the account doesnt exist and also when i try to make a new account with the same address it says account exists.

2026-10-07_073736

I still have my microsoft store on it as a proof its mine.
The account Recovery doesnt recognize my gmail so I cant get verification the hacker most likely changed recovery email.
I tried logging in with a windows passkey and it shows up a suspicious account asking me password too.
Idk what the hell has happened I didnt enter my password anywhere fishy. I did add the just the email in a discord server that might be suspicious that might have got it hacked it can be my bad but, I just didnt expect to get hacked without entering any one time microsoft passwords or giving away my password on fishy sites.
I have minecraft bought on the account I have money spent on it and I need to get it back as soon as possible.
I have attached some screenshots of the problems i am facing below.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-10-07T06:14:14.89+00:00

    The symptoms match a compromised Microsoft account where the sign-in alias or security info was changed.

    1. Start with the Microsoft sign-in helper tool. It is the primary path for sign-in problems, including cases where the account says it does not exist.
    2. If the sign-in page shows an unfamiliar verification email or authenticator method, do not use it. On the verification page, select I don't have any of these if that option appears, then continue through the recovery flow.
    3. If the account recovery form does not recognize the Gmail address, use the sign-in helper anyway. For hacked-account cases, it can guide to the correct recovery options and may offer the chance to talk to an agent.
    4. Before changing any password, run a full malware scan on the PC:
      • Open Windows Security
      • Go to Virus & threat protection
      • Select Scan options > Full scan > Scan now
    5. After the scan, if access is restored, immediately:
      • change or reset the password
      • review connected accounts
      • review forwarding
      • review automatic replies
    6. Also update account security methods after recovery:
      • add another way to sign in or verify
      • consider Microsoft Authenticator or going passwordless
    7. If support is needed, use Contact Microsoft Support. Support can route to the best option, but support agents cannot send password reset links or directly change account details.

    If the sign-in error says “We couldn't find an account with that username” or “account doesn't exist”, the documented action is to use the Sign-in Helper tool.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.