"Microsoft Account doesn't exist" when it does

frostedpath 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T23:16:12.9333333+00:00

My account does exist, it's not locked, nothing is said that it's locked, I cannot recover the account because it's insistent that it doesn't exist, yet if I try and create another account with the same email, suddenly it does exist so I can't. I do not think I have any recovery emails or phone numbers linked to it, at least none of my own that I can remember.
I am on a different microsoft account than the one I need.
Unfortunately, I have cleared out my emails for that account from back to May, and I cannot see anything from Microsoft regarding the account. The account doesn't receive codes from Microsoft.
I have used this account for years, it has not been inactive at all. I've created a minecraft account with Microsoft this very year.
I have been waiting for almost two weeks, to hope the account is back, and I've been trying to sign in every day, I'm losing hope with the lack of options I have.
I can never name a time where I could've broken the rules, and that I could've been banned -- but it wouldn't make sense, considering even before I cleared out my emails I checked them, and there is nothing anywhere that says my account is locked, suspended, gone or banned.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Dio Xavier 296.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-06T23:23:04.2033333+00:00

    Hello,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Community.

    Good afternoon. To provide a more accurate answer, please let us know how long it has been since you last accessed your account via a web browser.

    Awaiting your reply...

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.