Are there other ways to boot into Windows 11 Safe Mode? Are there other ways to sign in to my PC?

Mikmeister 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T01:11:10.5566667+00:00

I tried the two methods suggested for accessing Windows RE / Safe Mode, the first being holding Shift while restarting, and the second being force shutting down multiple times during turning the computer on. I even tried force shutting down 6 time, not just 3, and it still didn’t work. Is there any other way to starting up in Safe Mode?

I am needing to get to Safe Mode, because the last two times I tried to turn my computer on (couple of weeks ago and then today), it tells me that PIN is required, and that I entered the incorrect PIN too many times, BEFORE I have a chance to type anything! It doesn’t give me the option to sign in with my password. Face recognition is an option, but it still tells me PIN is required, and that I entered the incorrect password too many times. It’s this vicious loop, and it’s not like I forgot my password or PIN. If there is a way to solve the sign in problem without Safe Mode, I am open to suggestions.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jeronimo Fuerte 46,745 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T01:50:45.2033333+00:00

    Before trying additional recovery methods, could you please confirm whether you normally sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account or a local account? On the sign-in screen, select Sign-in options and tell us exactly which options or icons are available. Also, does the message specifically say that the PIN was entered incorrectly too many times, or does it mention an incorrect password?

    Regarding your attempts to trigger Windows Recovery Environment, at what point were you forcing the computer to shut down? Ideally, the shutdown should be forced while Windows is still starting, when the Windows or manufacturer logo appears, rather than after reaching the sign-in screen. After interrupting startup twice, the third startup should normally display Automatic Repair. Please let me know whether you ever see Preparing Automatic Repair, Advanced options, or any other recovery screen, or whether the computer simply continues directly to the normal Windows sign-in screen each time.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.