How to fix Edge opening when computer is unlocked.

Ian Upward 0 Reputation points
2026-09-26T04:46:01.8033333+00:00

Windows was opening Edge when I unlocked my computer. In Settings>Personalisation>Lock Screen, I unchecked "Get fun facts, tips, tricks and more on your lock screen". I was getting things like the Bing quiz opening when I woke up the computer and none of the suggested remedies worked for me.

Header 1 Header 2
Cell 1 Cell 2
Cell 3 Cell 4
Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11
0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ian Upward 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-26T04:46:48.8833333+00:00

    Windows was opening Edge when I unlocked my computer. In Settings>Personalisation>Lock Screen, I unchecked "Get fun facts, tips, tricks and more on your lock screen". I was getting things like the Bing quiz opening when I woke up the computer and none of the suggested remedies worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. ApexNáV 385 Reputation points
    2026-09-26T04:54:55.06+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. DaveM121 937.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-26T05:24:36.1933333+00:00

    1

    Open the Settings App.

    Go to Accounts - Sign In Options.

    Disable this setting - 'Automatically save my restartable apps and restart them when I sign back in'.

    2

    Then, in the settings app, go to System - Notifications.

    Scroll down to the end of that window and expand the 'Additional Settings section.

    DIsable both options in that section.

    Then, Restart (not shut down) your PC to apply the changes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.