Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Windows was opening Edge when I unlocked my computer. In Settings>Personalisation>Lock Screen, I unchecked "Get fun facts, tips, tricks and more on your lock screen". I was getting things like the Bing quiz opening when I woke up the computer and none of the suggested remedies worked for me.
| Header 1 | Header 2 |
|---|---|
| Cell 1 | Cell 2 |
| Cell 3 | Cell 4 |
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
1
Open the Settings App.
Go to Accounts - Sign In Options.
Disable this setting - 'Automatically save my restartable apps and restart them when I sign back in'.
2
Then, in the settings app, go to System - Notifications.
Scroll down to the end of that window and expand the 'Additional Settings section.
DIsable both options in that section.
Then, Restart (not shut down) your PC to apply the changes.
Please check whether this post helps:
Windows was opening Edge when I unlocked my computer. In Settings>Personalisation>Lock Screen, I unchecked "Get fun facts, tips, tricks and more on your lock screen". I was getting things like the Bing quiz opening when I woke up the computer and none of the suggested remedies worked for me.