Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Hello, I’m Virginia a fellow Windows user.
Please try the suggestions here:
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My Microsoft account is incorrectly flagged as a child / Family Safety account.
I am over 18, my date of birth is correct, and I am not part of any Microsoft Family.
This restriction is blocking third-party sign-ins (CurseForge).
I need the Family Safety / child account flag manually removed.
Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello, I’m Virginia a fellow Windows user.
Please try the suggestions here:
I do not think Microsoft support can help you for an account issue. The only option you have is this:
Create a new Microsoft account so you have a fresh “adult” account that can act as a Family Organizer.
Sign in with this new account and go to family.microsoft.com.
Create a Family group (or join one) using the new account.
Add your current Microsoft account to this Family group and accept the invitation when prompted.
Once your current account is part of the family, you’ll be able to change its Date of Birth because the new account acts as the organizer.
After updating the DOB, you can remove the accounts from the Family group if you no longer need it
I hope you find this information useful. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Otherwise, please take a moment to accept the answer. Wishing you good luck!
AI answer
If your Microsoft account is incorrectly flagged as a child account, you may need to check the following:
Unfortunately, there is no self-service option to unmark a child account if the system has flagged it incorrectly, so reaching out to support is likely necessary in this case.
References: