help recovering access to my company's Microsoft 365

Marcin Burza 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T15:05:45.9966667+00:00

Hello Microsoft Support,

I urgently need help recovering access to my company's Microsoft 365 tenant

I am the sole Global Administrator. I know my password, but Microsoft Authenticator does not receive any authentication notifications. My business account is visible in the Authenticator app, but no verification code is displayed.

There are no alternative MFA methods and no other administrators.

I purchased the Microsoft 365 subscription directly from Microsoft.

I have repeatedly tried contacting Microsoft telephone support, but the automated system disconnects my calls when I explain that I cannot access the Admin Center.

I also tried creating a temporary Microsoft 365 tenant to open a support ticket, but Microsoft blocked the account creation process.

I am posting this message using my personal Microsoft account because I cannot access my business administrator account.

Please help me initiate a support case and escalate it to the Microsoft Data Protection / Tenant Recovery team for ownership verification and MFA reset.

I can provide company registration documents, billing records, subscription details and DNS domain ownership verification.

Please advise how I can reach the appropriate support team without signing in to my locked business tenant.

Thank you.

Marcin Burza

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Windows
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Emily T 740 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-08T16:33:46.2466667+00:00

    Please note that forum moderators do not have access to user account settings and cannot assist with logging in, resetting passwords, or changing access rights. While we do not have access to internal systems or administrative tools required to resolve account-specific or backend-related issues, but we’ll continue doing our best to support you within the scope of our responsibilities.   


    Good day @Marcin Burza and I’m sorry to hear about the difficulties you’re experiencing. 
    You can first try a few troubleshooting steps that may help restore the Microsoft Authenticator connection without making changes to your existing account registration.

    Please try the following on your phone:

    • Make sure notifications are enabled for Microsoft Authenticator.
    • Turn off Do Not Disturb, Focus, or Quiet mode, if applicable.
    • Open Microsoft Authenticator manually and leave it open while trying to sign in.
    • Switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data.
    • Make sure Airplane mode is turned off.
    • Check that your phone's date and time are correct and set automatically if possible.
    • Restart your phone and try again.

    For now, please do not remove your business account from Microsoft Authenticator or uninstall/reinstall the app. Since this is your only Global Administrator account, I recommend keeping the existing Authenticator registration in place while we try these troubleshooting steps.

    Once you have completed the steps above, please open a new InPrivate/Incognito browser window and try signing in again through the Microsoft 365 admin center: https://admin.cloud.microsoft/#/homepage/

    If you are still unable to authenticate, please check whether the sign-in page provides a Sign in another way or Other verification options option. If available, please let me know what verification methods are shown there.

    Thank you for your patience, and I hope these steps help you regain access as soon as possible.

    Kind regards,

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.