Not getting access to Azure student subscription for the first time while having an email I'd of college and a full time student

Umm ul Baneen 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T08:41:45.1933333+00:00

I am facing a huge issue while signing up for my Azure student account.. It is replying that "you are not eligible for azure account".

Although I am a full time university student and also verified the links twice which was sent on my university Email for azure subscription and verification... What is this issue all about..?

I am sign up for the first time and my class mates with their university e-mails get an access to Azure Student subscription...

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For education | Other
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Vincent Choy 11,355 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-08T09:49:40.3666667+00:00

    I tried to look this up, but I did not come across a solution.

    Microsoft does not seem to provide support for the signup, and they do not tell you the reason why you failed.

    There might be a possibility of a previous redemption (you are only allowed one), or you verified once in the past that recorded it as a redemption - but you did not activate the usage. Regardless it does not solve your problem.

    My suggestion is to check with your school if they found a solution to this, if they require you to use this for your course. Likely you are not the only student who has faced this in the past, and what is their solution.

    What I found online, not what you would like to hear, seems to be some people ended up using a paid subscription, but keeping the consumption small.

    Hope others have better ideas.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Doris V 1,945 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-08T09:44:06.93+00:00

    Dear Umm ul Baneen,

    First of all, please review the eligibility criteria for the Azure for Students offer are as follows:

    1. You must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited institution.
    2. You must be at least 18 years old or have reached the age of majority in your country of residence, whichever is later.
    3. You must have a valid school email address that ends with .edu or .ac.
    4. You must have a Microsoft account that is associated with your school email address.
    5. You must not have an existing Azure free account or a paid Azure subscription.

    Given that other classmates from your institution were able to successfully register for Azure for Students, the issue may be specific to your individual account or verification attempt.

    Since this may require further investigation by the Azure for Education Support team, I recommend reaching out to your school’s IT department or Microsoft 365 administrator and asking them to contact the support team on your behalf.
    It would be helpful to provide the following information:

    • Your academic email address
    • Institution name
    • Country
    • Screenshot of the error message
    • Proof of current enrollment if requested

    For additional information, please review:

    I hope this information helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.