Want to cancel an account, can't login, can't reach MS Billing

Cody Lewis 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T18:48:54.15+00:00

I manage two different MS accounts. I need to cancel one of them (not the one I'm logged into now), but MS support is terrible. It's impossible to reach anyone in Billing or Customer Support in general. I am unable to log into the account I need to cancel, and I have tried everything to resolve it, so I want to cancel. How do I do this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | Other | Other

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-10-07T18:49:07.49+00:00

    If the subscription is tied to a Microsoft personal account that cannot be accessed, the supported path is to contact Microsoft Support and have them verify the subscription and cancel it.

    Use this path:

    1. Open the Microsoft support contact experience.
    2. Sign in with the Microsoft account that is accessible. If needed, another Microsoft account can be used just to reach support.
    3. Choose the Microsoft 365 and Office product.
    4. Choose the category for managing or canceling a subscription.
    5. Select chat with a support agent in the browser, or request a call back if that option is offered.

    Before contacting support, check these points because they commonly block cancellation:

    • Make sure the subscription was bought directly from Microsoft. If it was bought from Amazon, Best Buy, Google Play, or the Apple App Store, cancellation must be handled with that seller.
    • Make sure the subscription is tied to the correct Microsoft account. Charges can come from a different Microsoft account than expected.
    • If recurring billing is already off, no further cancellation is needed and the subscription will expire on the shown end date.
    • If there is an overdue balance or an expired payment method, that can prevent cancellation until the billing issue is resolved.

    If the main problem is account access, start with Microsoft’s sign-in help or account recovery flow, then proceed to support if access still cannot be restored.


    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.