Download and Installation of MS 365

Sala Udin 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T16:59:38.3966667+00:00

I have been using my organization's IT technicians and equipment for 15 years. Now I am no longer with that organization and have no access to the IT department. I purschased MS 365 Family with a one year subscription. I now need to remove the files and emails, etc. from the old organization and export it to my new MS 365 subscription. I need a remote technician to guide m through this process.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Francisco Montilla 31,170 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T17:56:30.4366667+00:00

    Hello,

    I have to let you know upfront that this public forum is staffed by fellow users, not Microsoft employees, and nobody here can remotely connect to your PC. I can tell you how to do it yourself step by step.

    Before we get into exactly how to migrate your files over we need to make sure you can actually grab your old stuff.

    Are you currently still able to log into your old company email and OneDrive? If your old organization already disabled your login credentials then your data is locked on their side and you will not be able to export those emails or files to your new family account without asking them to temporarily give you access.

    Reply back and let me know if you can still sign into the old account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Stefan Blom 354K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-07T17:49:34.5966667+00:00

    I have been using my organization's IT technicians and equipment for 15 years. Now I am no longer with that organization and have no access to the IT department. I purschased MS 365 Family with a one year subscription. I now need to remove the files and emails, etc. from the old organization and export it to my new MS 365 subscription. I need a remote technician to guide m through this process.

    You have to contact your former organization to get access to files you may have left behind there. Maybe they can offer you guest access or something to the account you used to have.

    Downloading files and moving them to your personal storage will be a manual process.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.