I'm trying to activate my Microsoft 365 after entering the PIN key, but every time I try to use any of my cards, I get an error and it won't let me activate my Microsoft 365.

Edison Moreno 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T10:53:24.48+00:00

I'm trying to activate my Microsoft 365 after entering the PIN key, but every time I try to use any of my cards, I get an error and it won't let me activate my Microsoft 365.

Error Code:

 

PaymentAuthenticationVerificationFailed

Correlation Id:

 

[--PII--]

Timestamp:

 

[--PII--]

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lucus-V 13,735 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-06T19:09:50.8566667+00:00

    Hi Edison Moreno,

    Please note that our Microsoft Q&A forum is a public platform, and we will modify your response/ question to hide your personal information in the description. Kindly ensure that you hide any personal or organizational information the next time you post an error or other details to protect personal data.

    Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community. The error PaymentAuthenticationVerificationFailed usually indicates that the payment method could not be successfully verified during the Microsoft 365 redemption or activation process. Since you have already tried multiple cards and continue to receive the same error, this may be related to the payment verification process rather than the product key itself.

    As community moderators, we do not have access to Microsoft's billing systems and cannot review the specific reason for the payment verification failure. I recommend waiting 24-48 hours and trying again, as this could be a temporary issue with the payment processing service.

    If the issue continues after that time, you will need to contact Microsoft Support for further assistance with your account and subscription.

    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.