Why did Microsoft Update Delete my Office365 Program?

Mike Meehan 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T19:55:46.4133333+00:00

I paid for Office365 that had a lifetime use but recently after an Update by "MICROSOFT" It was removed and When I enter the Product Key (again) it tells me I need to have the Administrator get involved BUT I am the Computer Owner and It Won't Allow me to use the Product Key that was Associated with my Office365? Why does MICROSOFT make such changes and a non tech person (ME) has to jump through hoops to get what I PAID For back and WORKING????? On it is on Me to Get OFFICE365 Working again. If MICROSOFT CAUSE THIS They Need to FIX IT!!! But Microsoft has Zero Assiatnce when they Cause Such Problem why is THAT?

I would NEVER Remove a Program that I use often and PAID For!!!

MikeM

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 271.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T20:29:19.37+00:00

    Mike, Office 365 is not the name of a life-time license.

    Do you know the exact name of the license you paid for? For example, is it Office Pro Plus/Standard/LTSC 2016, or 2019, or 2021, or 2024 by chance?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. Mike Meehan 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-05T22:15:43.8866667+00:00

    Great why does not MICCOSOFT alert Buyers that it is not for use ! I see also Microsoft need Moeny and that means I will have to Purcase Yet Another Copy. As The first Copty I got via Amazom when I Ateempted to load it Microsoft stated that Product Key was already USED!!!!!! Guess this the ONLY Way Microsoft can make Money Abusing Users who Purchase their Products ---Sad and very Disappointing--- Guess that is how Microsoft stays in Buiness with These Tricks! Got It Looks LIke will go with LibreOffice and stop buying any Microsoft. But Please explain Why A WIndows Update DELETE IT just like when they made the Change / Update and Now Any Pictures I save are auto Duplicated using double the Hard Drive Space. Due again to a MICROSFT UPDATE. ANd They have No Fix so I have to delete the double to save Hard Drive Space. Guess the Microsoft Engineers did not KNow and Let it slide right BY! Hiw does the Pblic deal with such Poor Engineered Products? Guess we are Just STUCK. Also Sad and DISAPPOINTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I Regret having to Use Microsoft for anything it is all about needing to Buy again and again!.

    But that keeps Microsoft inbusiness with No Tech Support but this coomunity that is helping Mircosoft selling products yet when You have already Paid!

    MikeM

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.