My account has been hacked and my minecraft avatar changed

Toby Gaffney 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T03:39:04.6066667+00:00

And now my account says it has been deleted, and I want to recover it in any way because I spent my money on Minecraft and if someone is breaking into my account just because of stupid Microsoft, who shouldn't have bought Minecraft in the first place, cause I just wanna play the dang game, so, I really want my account back please

stfu microsoft

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kai-H 28,235 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-08T10:10:49.48+00:00

    Hi, Toby Gaffney

    I’m sorry this happened, especially after you paid for Minecraft. Before assuming the account is gone, it’s worth checking whether your sign-in address stopped working.

    Start with the Microsoft account Sign-in Helper, using your original email address. If it isn’t recognized, try another email address or phone number previously linked to the account. If none works, open this sign-in troubleshooting page, select Contact support, and explain that your username stopped working after the hack.

    If the account was marked for closure, it can be reopened during its selected 30-day or 60-day grace period by signing in and completing verification. After that period, it cannot be reopened.

    I don’t want to promise recovery: support cannot bypass verification or directly change account details. Please don’t post passwords, verification codes, or purchase details here.

    What is the exact error message you see, with your email address removed?

    Please be advised that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors, including external Microsoft employees, are not allowed to directly interfere with Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited solely to providing technical guidance on reported incidents, requests, or ideas.   

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.