Locked out of email on msn.com - account recovery form submitted 3 times with valid info NO RESPONSE FROM ACCOUNT RECOVERY TEAM

Paul Monus 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T18:51:44.8933333+00:00

On Sep 22, 2026 I filled in the account recovery form for a friend with Microsoft account '******@msn.com' and submitted the information requested, no reply.

On Sep 29, 2026 this information was submitted again: security info, four emails from sent mail, exact subject lines on two of them, etc - no reply

On Sep 29 I chatted with Asurion live agent to try to gain help; they gave phone number for a live agent online to chat with and we had an hour long session trying to unlock the Microsoft account - no success. The problem is that the old phone number associated with the Microsoft account is no longer available and there is no way to provide the secondary verification and no other recovery method was set up prior to losing account access. After long discussion CASE ID 710 954 1607 was submitted (9/29/26) and by today 10/2/26 there has been no response from the account recovery team.

The online info says the account is locked due to multiple failed login attempts.

The live agent told us that they would escalate priority with the account recovery team and we'd get a confirmation email with this case ID (none has come to my email '******@me.com' - including to junk mail). I have screenshots of the information I submitted on the acsr form.

I told the live agent that we need to regain access to this Microsoft account in connection with a fraud investigation that exceeds $1 million dollars, and are in the process of filing an FTC claim.

Do we have to sue Microsoft or gain a court order to force the account recovery team to look at the data and respond?

Please contact me on this alternative Microsoft account to provide further guidance on how to proceed. Clearly the acsr form is not working and the account is still locked.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Onyx Is here 5,015 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T20:59:09.06+00:00

    Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

    However, I'm afraid that as this is an open forum no one here can help with account recovery. The best I can suggest would be to continue completing the form as required and keep an eye on your email including the junk/spam folder in case the messages go there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.