My account was stolen

Murano 0 Reputation points
2026-10-01T20:02:27.7766667+00:00

My account was stolen about a month ago, and the email address was changed to [[Moderator note: PII removed]@bibimail.net]. I’ve tried contacting Microsoft multiple times, and I have proof that the account belongs to me, but they seem to be ignoring my requests. And I’m sick of it. Stealing my account took them only minutes. Microsoft knows that the account was stolen, that’s why they locked it. But somehow, giving MY account back to ME has been taking weeks.

I have payment receipts proving that I purchased things on this account. I can provide any information or proof necessary to verify that I am the rightful owner. I just want my account back.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lychee-Ng 28,915 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-02T11:27:32.7133333+00:00

    I'm so sorry about your situation, Murano.

    Please note that our forum is a public platform, and we will modify your question to hide identifiable information in the description. Kindly ensure that you omit such details the next time to protect personal data, even if it's not yours.

    I understand why you’re upset, especially since you’ve already been trying to recover the account for weeks with no developments. However, I need to be realistic with you here so you have correct expectations moving forward:

    1. Microsoft Q&A is a user-to-user support forum. Contributors, including moderators and external staff, cannot verify personal information or restore an individual Microsoft account.
    2. Even if you contact Microsoft Support, they cannot skip this process. Microsoft prohibits its customer service agents from sending links to reset passwords or change account information.
    3. The recovery system is automatic and can only proceed to the next stage after account ownership is confirmed. No one can manually review your evidence to overturn Microsoft's recovery decision.

    For compromised accounts, Microsoft explicitly guides users who cannot log in to use the Sign-in Helper. The login assistant can identify account issues and possibly offer options to contact support staff. Based on detected situations, you might be offered the forms for verification where you can provide the proofs:

    image

    I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I don't want to give you false hopes that someone could manually take a look and restore your account, because we don't have that capability. Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.