I have been scammed

Araceli Cardenas 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T19:12:20.6933333+00:00

So there's this chat on facebook and it says thay they are hiring for work at home. So they contact me thru messenger and they gave me this link so I can go thru teams. https://teams.live.com/l/invite/FAArxxxxxxxx. I chatted with someone and they sent me the info about the jobect. It sounded legit. I sent out the info they needed , they even sent me paper to proof I can work in the US. After all of that they stopped answering me because that's when they asked me for my bank info I said no and communication stopped. So basically I have scammed by this people but they are using your app. Is there someone I can speak to or do so they do not let this hackers or scammers use your app for this kind of fraud

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Chats
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Thomas4-N 22,380 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-30T08:18:14.5+00:00

    Hello Araceli Cardenas,

    I’m sorry this happened. You were right not to give them your bank information.

    Since the conversation happened in Teams, please report a message in that chat using More options > Report a concern, then block the contact. Microsoft can review the report.

    You mentioned sharing some information before they asked for bank details. What type of information was it? Please don’t post the actual documents, account numbers, or other personal details here. That will help us suggest the right protective steps.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. AI answer

    2026-09-25T19:12:41.72+00:00

    If this happened through Teams, the supported actions are:

    1. Do not share anything else in that chat.
    2. Report the suspicious caller or chat in Teams if the option is available:
      • Go to Calls in Teams.
      • In History, select the call.
      • Select More.
      • Select Report call and follow the prompts.
    3. If the interaction was in a Teams chat, use the report option from the chat message when available by hovering over the message and selecting the three dots.
    4. If reporting is not available in the Teams UI, submit a scam report to Microsoft using the public reporting form: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/concern/scam
    5. Block the user in Teams if needed to stop further contact.
    6. Contact the real organization directly using a trusted phone number or website, not the contact details from the chat, to confirm the job was fake.
    7. Since personal information was already shared, secure any affected accounts:
      • Change passwords on accounts that may use the same credentials.
      • Enable multi-factor authentication where possible.
      • Do not provide bank details, passwords, or verification codes.

    Warning signs in this case match common impersonation and phishing patterns: unexpected contact, urgency, requests for personal information, and later asking for bank information.

    If a Teams warning such as Scam suspected appears on future calls, end the call unless the caller’s identity is confirmed through another trusted channel.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.