I am doing an online open to the public group. Can I post a teams link and anyone with the link can join

Kathy DuGray 0 Reputation points
2026-09-21T17:55:02.5033333+00:00

I am doing an online group open to the public Can I post a teams link and anyone with the link can join, without having to be invited

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Schedule meetings

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Chris-D 1,690 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-21T18:20:33.1633333+00:00

    Hi Kathy,

    I hope you’ve been well.

    You can create a Microsoft Teams meeting and post the meeting link publicly. People with the link can use it to join without being individually added to the meeting invitation. They may also be able to join through a web browser without signing in, depending on your organization’s Teams meeting policies.

    To set this up:

    1. Open Teams and go to Calendar.
    2. Select New event or New meeting.
    3. Enter the meeting details and make sure the Teams meeting option is enabled.
    4. Save the meeting, open the meeting details, and copy the meeting link.
    5. You can then post or share that link with your intended audience.
    6. Before the meeting begins, open Meeting options and review Who can bypass the lobby and Who can present.

    Please note that external or unverified participants may be asked to verify their email address or wait in the lobby until you admit them. Before sharing the link, I recommend reviewing the Meeting options, particularly the settings for who can bypass the lobby and who can present.

    Since the meeting link will be publicly available, it is advisable to keep external or unverified participants in the lobby and limit the presenter role to organizers or designated participants.

    For additional guidance, you may find these articles helpful:

    If external or anonymous participants are unable to join, or if the relevant meeting options are unavailable, please contact your organization’s IT administrator. They can review the Teams meeting policies and anonymous access settings for your account.

    I hope this information is helpful. Should you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to share them in the comment below. I'm very happy to help.  


    If the answer is helpful, please click 'Yes' and kindly upvote it.

    Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.