Skype service is blocked for no reason

Oleg Smirnov 0 Reputation points
2026-09-10T22:37:18.0066667+00:00

Good afternoon. My Skype is blocked. I couldn't make an important call today. I received a message: "You just tried to call a number. We're sorry. Unfortunately we weren't able to connect your call. Account is blocked." I urgently request that my account be unblocked. Recently it was blocked on the grounds that my payment address was not specified. Something new keeps happening all the time. As if it's impossible to spend five dollars without this, as if there always have to be some complications. I am a citizen of Argentina and have permanent residency in Brazil. If that is the issue, of course, and not the fact that I am a citizen of the Russian Federation. Please unblock it and send me a notification. Thank you for your help. Oleg.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Calls
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ruwim.B 6,915 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-11T19:36:45.3166667+00:00

    Your Skype account is not blocked because you are still able to login with this account to Skype Dial Pad site, but the call might be blocked.

    My guess is that this is due to the fact that all Skype calls are now anonymous. Microsoft has last year disabled Caller ID on Skype. Recipients might block anonymous (private) calls.

    Have you tried to make calls to different phone numbers?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Ruwim.B 6,915 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-11T06:17:45.0566667+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.