New Refreshed Computer - Cannot connect to Microsoft Account

JanAKC 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T18:59:31.1533333+00:00

My computer was attacked by Ransomware. My computer service people had to refresh my Windows 11 Pro. I lost all my Microsoft applications because of this. I have been trying 5 days to get to my Account. I have the user ID but not the password. I have worked with Copilot for 5 days to try to reset the Account password with no success. I need an actual Human technician to work me through this. I know the account is still active because I can reach it from another computer.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Dio Xavier 296.7K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-06T19:07:46.8133333+00:00

    Hello,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Community.

    Good afternoon. Was your account also compromised by ransomware? The only way to recover the account is by filling out and submitting the ACSR account recovery form:

    https://account.live.com/acsr

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.