Child account hacked

Øystein Eriksen 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T19:18:28.62+00:00

My kids account have been hacked. I can still see the child in my Family safety account. The e-mail have been changed.

All attempts to restore have failed. It is just an endless loop of questions. These questions is designed for an adult loosing their own account. It is not helpfull when trying to recover a childs account.

Why can i not just show listings in family safety app and history to show that i am the parent?

Why does the form only allow new credit cards to be listed as proof. I got a new card last year. You do not let me show proof of purchase for games i did with a now expired card.

Why du you encurage use of Windows hello and not use it to show that we own the account. We have been using windows hello for years. I do not remember the excact date i changed the password for my child.

It is very frustrating. How do I get in touch with an actual person that can help?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Xavier-D 13,745 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-30T01:20:53.53+00:00

    Hello Øystein Eriksen,

    I’m very sorry that you and your child are dealing with this.

    I understand why it is especially frustrating when the child’s account is still visible in Microsoft Family Safety and you have payment and device history that appears to prove your relationship to the account.

    Since the recovery form is not working for you, I suggest contacting Microsoft support for further assistance:

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors, including external Microsoft employees, are not allowed to directly interfere with Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited solely to providing technical guidance on reported incidents, requests, or ideas.  

    1. Open a website link - Contact - Microsoft Support 
    2. In the box below "We're here to help", type Microsoft 365, click "Get Help", and then click "Contact Support" below. 
    3. In this section, you will need to sign in to your Microsoft account. 
    4. Select "Microsoft 365 and Office" under Products & Services, select "Technical Support" as the category, and click to confirm 
    5. You can select " Chat with a support agent in your web browser " to access the chat window. 

    If any payment method remains connected to the compromised account, I also recommend contacting the card issuer promptly to review unfamiliar charges and protect or replace the card. I hope you can get the support you need, have a nice day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.