What Subscriptions Do I have - are they duplicated?

Greg Miller 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T18:51:55.6666667+00:00

I am billed for a Microsoft 365 Family subscription. (every September) When I go into my account it shows 0 for the number of people I'm sharing it with. When I log onto my wife's computer, she opens documents with Microsoft Family 365.

I also get billed for "Microsoft Office" in the Spring. Why do I need "Microsoft Office" when I supposedly have Microsoft 365 Family.

On my computer I definately have Microsoft 365 Family , so under "sharing" there is a 0 showing.

Can someone look at my account and explain the 0 sharing and whether I am paying for an Office subscription when my wife could simply be on my Microsoft Family 265 subscription?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John Jefferson Doyon 89,550 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-11T19:27:07.4366667+00:00

    Hi, @Greg Miller

    The "0" under sharing means your Microsoft 365 Family subscription is not currently being shared with another Microsoft account.

    Your wife may be using Office through your account or through a separate subscription.

    Please check:

    If the Spring charge is for another Microsoft 365 or Office subscription, it may be unnecessary since Microsoft 365 Family can be shared with your wife.


    Click "Add comment" to let me know.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.