I LOST MY ACCOUNT, CONTACTED MICROSOFT FOR SUPPORT BUT RECEIVED NOTHING, EVEN A REPLY

chui zhi 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T14:22:39.1533333+00:00

I lost my microsoft account due to a hacker, I tried to change the password, but the hacker changed everything like the linked gmail.
I tried to contact for support but received no replies or news (even tho I provided 2 old passwords of the accounts, and that account is linked to my internet ip for a really long time)
please help, it seems like a joke to me
(PII removed).

Microsoft 365 and Office | Other

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Virginia M 42,340 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-11T16:28:13.39+00:00

    Hello, I’m Virginia.

    Please note I have no access to accounts.

    Try recovering your account here:

    Hacked:

    https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/how-to-recover-a-hacked-or-compromised-microsoft-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245

    Or:

    Can’t sign in:

    https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/you-can-t-sign-in-to-your-microsoft-account-475c9b5c-8c25-49f1-9c2d-c64b7072e735

    You can also try https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact & type Account Recovery in the box, then choose the Contact Support tab above & select Windows, then recovery from the drop down menus.

    If none of the above work then you’ll require the account recovery form:

    https://account.live.com/acsr

    Account recovery is automatic for Home users so there’s no manual review/2nd tier support.

    Please note if you have 2/multi factor authentication active on your account then you cannot use the form to recover the account.

    If you’re successful in changing the details then you may find that the account is limited for 30 days, this is a security feature & cannot be circumvented.

    Please be aware that if the email address has been changed to that of the hacker &/or 2fa/mfa has been enabled then usually there’s nothing which can be done.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Bulldog 4,865 Reputation points
    2026-10-11T15:18:32.35+00:00

    If the hacker changed the account's password, email, recovery email and phone number, MFA, and recovery code, the account is no longer your account. I am very sorry to tell you that you will never get that account back, and there isn't anything that Microsoft can do for you.

    To give an analogy: If a thief broke in to your home and changed the locks, put their name on the deed (or the lease), and put all the utility bills into their name, it's not your home any more, and the fact that you used to live there is immaterial.

    Even if it was possible to return the account to you, it wouldn't be of much good because the hacker has by now copied everything that was in the account and to that extent they can impersonate you on the internet, even commit crimes in your name.

    What you have to do now is everything you can to distance yourself from that account while being on the lookout for signs that your identity has been stolen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.