Check boxes have disappeared

Sue G 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T00:11:54.07+00:00

I've been using Hotmail for nearly 30 years. The visible checkbox column for selecting emails has disappeared, and I can no longer manage my inbox as efficiently as before. I've searched the settings and tested multiple browsers. If there is a way to restore the old behavior, please tell me how. If not, please pass this feedback to the Outlook team. Please stop fixing things that aren't broken.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Brian Tillman 27,495 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-10-11T00:50:24.7+00:00

Hi. I'm Brian and I'll try to help.

When I log into my Outlook.com account, I see the check boxes. They're to the left of each message. If you don't see them, click the Select icon (a box) at the right side of the folder's name in the message list pane.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.