Microsoft authenticator app not working

eldhose jojo 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T16:58:02.9433333+00:00

When I try to find the code in Microsoft authenticator app it is not showing.

I am not able to open my company email in my account

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jay1 Tran 1,620 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-09T17:12:00.85+00:00

    Hi eldhose,

    I hope you're doing well.

    Sorry to hear you're having trouble signing in to your Microsoft account.

    From what you've described, it sounds like your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) setup may need to be reset. Because you're using a work or school account, the MFA settings are managed by your organization's IT administrator. Unfortunately, this isn't something that can be reset from the user side.

    I'd recommend reaching out to your organization's IT administrator and explaining that you're unable to sign in because you're stuck between Microsoft Teams and the Microsoft Authenticator app and are no longer receiving authentication prompts or codes.

    You can specifically ask whether they can:

    • Reset your MFA settings
    • Require MFA re-registration
    • Remove your existing Authenticator registration so you can set it up again

    You may also want to share the following Microsoft article with them: Manage authentication methods for Microsoft Entra multifactor authentication - Microsoft Entra ID | …

    If you are unsure who your IT administrator is, you can refer to this official Microsoft guide for assistance: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support   

    Once your IT administrator resets your MFA registration, you should be able to sign in again and go through the Microsoft Authenticator setup process from the beginning, including scanning a new QR code on your device.

    I hope this points you in the right direction. If you receive any updates from your IT team or run into any issues along the way, feel free to reply back and I'll be happy to help further.

    Best regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.