unable to install a family share of O365

PCWA Secretary 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T06:37:48.01+00:00

@Office365 install.

I have been invited to join my families O365 account but I am unable to install. I think it might be due to the fact I have a previous install of a student version so when I logon to my MS account, under subscriptions I only see that 2021 Student offering. The email linked family share doesnt seem to allow me to use that Office software - Outlook Classic

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Mite Suo 5,480 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-11T07:40:36.6466667+00:00

    Hello, I'm Mite, here to help.

    You can contact Microsoft Support directly through this link: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

    Sign in with your Microsoft account and select Microsoft 365. If you're asked to choose between personal and business support, select the personal/home option.

    Next, enter "Unable to install Office" in the search box and click Get Help.

    You'll see some suggested help articles. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Contact Support.

    Then select the product and issue category that match your problem. Microsoft will show you the available contact options, such as chatting with a support agent online.

    You can then explain your Family subscription and installation issue directly to the support agent.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.