Need urgent help with two step verification keeps failing. I am unable to access my hotmail account due to that issue

Jatan Upadhyay 0 Reputation points
2026-10-10T19:28:07.27+00:00

I urgently need assistance recovering access to my personal Hotmail account.

I know my original password, but I am unable to sign in because of an issue with Microsoft's two-step verification process.

Here is the exact problem:

  1. My account has two-step verification enabled.

During the first verification step, Microsoft asks me to enter an alternate email address. I receive the verification code and successfully complete this step.

During the second verification step, Microsoft again offers the same alternate email address, but I also see my registered phone number as another verification option.

When I select my phone number, I successfully receive the verification code via SMS.

However, when I enter the correct code, Microsoft displays the error: "Too many code requests. Please try again tomorrow."

This issue has persisted for multiple days, even after waiting and trying again.

I have already attempted to contact Microsoft Support, but I keep getting redirected between different support pages without reaching anyone who can resolve the issue.

Important information:

I know my original Hotmail password.

I have access to both my alternate email address and registered phone number.

I can successfully receive verification codes.

The problem occurs when Microsoft refuses to accept the second verification code because of the "too many requests" error.

My questions:

How can Microsoft help remove or resolve this verification restriction?

Is there a way to escalate this issue to the Microsoft Account Recovery or Security Team?

Since I have access to my registered recovery methods, is there an alternative way to verify my identity and regain access?

Can Microsoft investigate whether my account is stuck in a verification or security lockout?

This is my long-standing personal Hotmail account, and regaining access is extremely important.

I would greatly appreciate assistance from a Microsoft representative who can help resolve this issue rather than redirecting me to the same automated recovery process.

Thank you.I urgently need assistance recovering access to my personal Hotmail account.

I know my original password, but I am unable to sign in because of an issue with Microsoft's two-step verification process.

Here is the exact problem:

My account has two-step verification enabled.

During the first verification step, Microsoft asks me to enter an alternate email address. I receive the verification code and successfully complete this step.

During the second verification step, Microsoft again offers the same alternate email address, but I also see my registered phone number as another verification option.

When I select my phone number, I successfully receive the verification code via SMS.

However, when I enter the correct code, Microsoft displays the error: "Too many code requests. Please try again tomorrow."

This issue has persisted for multiple days, even after waiting and trying again.

I have already attempted to contact Microsoft Support, but I keep getting redirected between different support pages without reaching anyone who can resolve the issue.

Important information:

I know my original Hotmail password.

I have access to both my alternate email address and registered phone number.

I can successfully receive verification codes.

The problem occurs when Microsoft refuses to accept the second verification code because of the "too many requests" error.

My questions:

How can Microsoft help remove or resolve this verification restriction?

Is there a way to escalate this issue to the Microsoft Account Recovery or Security Team?

Since I have access to my registered recovery methods, is there an alternative way to verify my identity and regain access?

Can Microsoft investigate whether my account is stuck in a verification or security lockout?

This is my long-standing personal Hotmail account, and regaining access is extremely important.

I would greatly appreciate assistance from a Microsoft representative who can help resolve this issue rather than redirecting me to the same automated recovery process.

Thank you.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.