Chats disappeared on Copilot! Me2

LeoniE withanE 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T04:24:40.5133333+00:00

Still waiting for a response.

I recently cleared my cache memory and cookies on Chrome and having my copilot tab opened it was mandatory for me to log back in again. Upon logging back in I realized all my chat history are missing/gone. I contacted a member of support and she wasn't able to help me and suggested I tried this higher level support next.

Currently it's only showing my technical support chats with the support I was provided. All my images are displaying as 'empty.' I've been using copilot for the last 2-3 years now and all my previous chats are no longer displaying.

I greatly appreciate any assistance in this matter. I've also tried Firefox and used Incognito no results. I've logged in and out multiple times as well. I do not have any spam blockers or vpn activated. I am accessing via my computer/mac book only, not through a app. All other similar Ai platforms are working as intended including: chatgpt, bingAi, leonardoAi and more. I had these tabs open as well and worked fine after the settings update.

Microsoft Copilot | Other

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kai-H 28,065 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-06T10:22:43.9833333+00:00

    Hi, LeoniE withanE

    Sorry for this frustration. Since Firefox and Incognito show the same problem, I wouldn’t ask you to repeat those browser checks.

    Here are some suggestions you can try:

    First, try exporting your saved conversations outside Copilot. Open your Microsoft account’s privacy dashboard, then select Privacy > Empower your productivity > Copilot > Your Copilot app activity history > Copilot apps > Export all activity history. This downloads a CSV file you can open in Excel to check for missing conversations. Choose Export, not Delete. This is a way to retrieve available records, not a guaranteed fix for the missing history display.

    If the export is also missing your conversations, use the Privacy support and requests page to contact the Microsoft privacy team about accessing your personal data. That route is available when the dashboard hasn’t addressed your request. Include the date everything disappeared, screenshots of the empty images, and your existing support case number privately. Ask whether the missing content is still retained and accessible, rather than requesting another browser reset.

    Please be advised that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors, including external Microsoft employees, are not allowed to directly interfere with Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited solely to providing technical guidance on reported incidents, requests, or ideas.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.