two subscriptions for Microsoft 365 Family

Amanda Edwards 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T06:21:21.4033333+00:00

I had a message advising my 365 Family subscription was due to expire and so renewed yesterday (3 Oct) for a year. However when I have checked the subscription history, Account shows the October purchase but under Subscriptions I can see another 365 Family subscription that is set up for recurring billing, next due 10 March 2027. Order history only shows the October purchase, not the March purchase. Presumably there is no benefit in having the two subscriptions, and if the March one has another 5 months to run then I didn't need the October one, so why was I prompted to purchase it, and will I get a full refund if I cancel the October subscription?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 936.6K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-04T06:58:28.3033333+00:00

    If you log into this link on your Microsoft account, do you see two separate subscriptions listed, or just one subscription with the subscription expiry date extended?

    https://account.microsoft.com/services/

    If you do see two separate subscriptions, select the new subscription and click Manage, form there, you can cancel the new subscription, you should then be entitled to a pro-rata refund, and ensure you disable recurring billing on that subscription.

    You can check your eligibility to a refund using the steps they provide on this link.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accounts-billing/subscriptions/how-to-get-a-refund-on-a-microsoft-subscription

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.