Determining if the purchase of extra space is needed, or if space requirement can be reduced.

Robo 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T13:19:23.2+00:00

Paypal is charging my account each month for a Microsoft 365 subscription of $2.13. Please tell me what this is for. It may be something about needing more space on my computer or on my mobile phone. Please help me to know if I really need this, and if I do, what must I do to curtail this need - like how to reduce the amount of storage space I need.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 271.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-03T14:12:42.05+00:00

    Judging by the price, looks like you have Microsoft 365 Basic plan, which gives you 100GB of storage.

    First of all, do you use outlook.com or hotmail.com email address? You can go to outlook.com and sign in, and go to the gear icon on the upper right and go to Settings > subscriptions, expand the Email Storage section, it should look similar to this

    User's image

    How much are you using? If you are using more than 15GB of storage, then you don't want to go back to free account unless you can clear your mailbox to free up more space.

    Then on your computer, if you go to C: drive, how much free space do you currently have?

    Then go to https://account.live.com > sign in, and go to Microsoft storage, how much OneDrive space are you using now?

    Once I have an idea, I can determine better if you need to keep the subscription, and if you have the option to use local space instead and get rid of the subscription.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.