Copilot limit reached upon sign up

Erin 0 Reputation points
2026-10-01T23:03:29.14+00:00

I have been using the free copilot but have just signed up, it is now telling me I have reached my daily limit despite me now paying for Microsoft 365 which says it includes copilot. I am confused, am I missing something?

Microsoft Copilot | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Clary-N 16,565 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-02T04:35:29.7866667+00:00

    Hi Erin,

    I can understand why this is confusing, especially after upgrading because you expected the paid Copilot benefits to apply right away.

    Could you check the exact plan listed under Services & subscriptions and confirm whether you purchased it yourself or received it through a shared Family subscription? Please also make sure Copilot is signed in with the same personal account used to purchase the plan.

    If the account is correct, try signing out of Copilot, closing the app or browser completely and then signing back in. If the limit message still appears, please let me know where you see it, such as on the Copilot website, Windows or mobile app, Edge or within an Office app. It would also help to know whether regular chat is affected or only a specific feature.

    For your privacy, please don’t post your email address, order number or payment information here. Once I have those details, I can help narrow down whether this is related to the account, subscription ownership or a specific usage limit.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.