Dear Microsoft,
I am writing this as a genuine Microsoft fan who has used Microsoft products for years and has always preferred staying within the Microsoft ecosystem whenever possible. I use Windows, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft services, and many other Microsoft products because I genuinely like what Microsoft has built.
But I have to be honest: I am becoming seriously frustrated and worried about the direction of Microsoft Copilot.
Why does Copilot have to be so heavily limited in recent update?
And why does the new Copilot design feel so different from the Fluent Design language that made Microsoft products feel uniquely Microsoft?
I understand that Microsoft wants Copilot to evolve, improve, and compete with other AI assistants. That is completely reasonable. But the recent design/experience update direction makes me feel like Copilot is losing its own identity. Instead of feeling like a Microsoft product, the new interface increasingly reminds me of ChatGPT look & feel.
That is honestly disappointing.
Microsoft has spent years developing Fluent Design and building a recognizable visual identity across Windows and its applications. The Fluent Design System has a certain feeling: depth, transparency, motion, acrylic-like materials, thoughtful animations, and an interface that feels integrated with Windows rather than simply being another generic AI chat application.
Please bring back more of that identity.
I don't want Copilot to look like it is trying to imitate another AI product. I want Copilot to feel unmistakably like Microsoft Copilot.
And then there are the limits.
This is the part that frustrates me the most.
AI is becoming an increasingly important part of everyday computing. People are comparing Copilot with ChatGPT and other AI assistants constantly. If Copilot is heavily restricted while competing services provide a more generous experience, users naturally have a reason to leave Copilot and use something else.
I really don't want that to happen.
I want to choose Copilot.
I want to open Copilot because it is Microsoft's AI, because it is integrated into Microsoft's ecosystem, and because it feels like the natural AI assistant for Windows and Microsoft users.
But if users constantly encounter limitations, restrictions, or frustrating caps, it becomes difficult to justify choosing Copilot over alternatives.
Please reconsider the limits.
If possible, I would strongly encourage Microsoft to make Copilot's basic experience genuinely free and generous for ordinary users. Let people use it. Let people experience what Copilot can actually do. Let Copilot become something people naturally choose instead of something they feel restricted by.
Microsoft has an enormous advantage: Windows, Microsoft 365, Edge, OneDrive, Teams, Xbox, and the entire Microsoft ecosystem.
Copilot should feel like the AI layer connecting all of that together.
Please don't make users feel like they have to leave Microsoft's ecosystem just to get a better AI experience.
And please don't underestimate how important design is.
The old Fluent-Maternal style feeling mattered.
It made Microsoft products feel special.
I know Microsoft has to modernize. I know designs change. I know not every old interface can stay forever. But modernization does not have to mean throwing away the visual identity that made Microsoft products recognizable in the first place.
I am not asking Microsoft to freeze Copilot in the past.
I am asking Microsoft to make Copilot feel like Microsoft's vision of the future, rather than a product that visually resembles something users can already find elsewhere.
Please bring back the personality.
Please bring back more Fluent Design.
Please reconsider the restrictions and limits.
Please make the free Copilot experience generous enough that ordinary users actually want to stay with it.
And most importantly, please listen to the users who genuinely WANT to use Copilot.
I am saying all of this because I care about Microsoft's products. If I didn't care, I simply wouldn't bother writing this.
I want Copilot to succeed.
I want Microsoft to have an AI assistant that people proudly choose.
I want to see Copilot become something that makes Windows feel more futuristic, more personal, and more distinctly Microsoft.
Please don't let Copilot lose its identity while trying to compete with other AI products.
Microsoft has its own design language, its own ecosystem, and its own history of innovation. Please use those strengths.
Bring back the Fluent feeling.
Give users more freedom.
Make Copilot feel like a product worth choosing.
Because there are Microsoft fans out here who genuinely want to choose Microsoft first — but we need Microsoft to give us a reason to keep choosing Copilot.
Thank you for listening, and I sincerely hope the Copilot team considers this feedback.
A concerned Microsoft fan