Microsoft Office 2019 no longer works

Eric 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T22:23:10.4766667+00:00

I purchased Microsoft Office in 2019.

It stopped working on Sept 24, 2026

How do I get it working again.

Thank you,

Eric Miller

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. B2B PRO 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-02T22:09:25.9566667+00:00

    This happened to me today. I can't access my Office 2019 software, I can't even edit my current documents. It is asking me to sign in which I have then it is asking me for the product key.

    I installed Office 2019 on my computer in 2021 and I don't know where I recorded the Office product key.

    Can you help please?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. JonathanPe 17,675 Reputation points Moderator
    2026-09-30T00:44:04.1866667+00:00

    Hi @Eric ,

    If Microsoft Office 2019 suddenly stopped working, the most common causes are:

    • Office lost its activation.
    • A recent update caused a problem.
    • The Office installation became corrupted.

    I'd try these steps:

    1. Open Word or Excel.
    2. Go to File → Account.
    3. Check if Office shows Product Activated or if it's asking you to sign in or activate.
    4. If needed, sign in with the Microsoft account used when you purchased Office 2019.

    If that doesn't help:

    1. Open Control Panel → Programs and Features.
    2. Select Microsoft Office 2019.
    3. Choose Change → Quick Repair.
    4. If the issue remains, run Online Repair.

    If you're receiving a specific error message (for example, "Unlicensed Product" or an activation error code), please post the exact message or a screenshot so the community can provide more targeted guidance.

    If this answer helps, please consider marking it as helpful or accepted. It may help others experiencing a similar Office 2019 issue.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.