How can I use Copilot without having to get the app?

That1PlaneGuy 0 Reputation points
2026-09-27T16:55:46.1266667+00:00

Hello, whenever I login to copilot I get redirected to the app-store and when I request the desktop version it shows me a QR code. I already cleared my browser cache, but it doesn’t help. Any ideas how to fix it?

Microsoft Copilot | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Norah-L 11,435 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-28T02:36:47.97+00:00

    Hello That1PlaneGuy,

    This looks like the mobile app download page is being opened instead of the Copilot web version, which explains the App Store redirect and QR code. Clearing the full browser cache may not help if the redirect is linked to the saved site data, browser settings, or the original link.

    Here are some suggestions you can try:

    • Open Copilot on the web directly rather than selecting “Desktop version” on the download page.
    • Try the link in an InPrivate or Incognito window. If it works there, remove the cookies and site data specifically for Microsoft.com and Copilot.com.
    • Temporarily disable ad blockers or privacy extensions, and make sure the browser allows cookies and pop-ups for Microsoft sign-in pages.
    • Try another updated browser, such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
    • Check whether you are signing in with a personal Microsoft account or a work/school account. If more than one account is saved, sign out of all Microsoft accounts and then sign in only with the account you want to use.

    If it still redirects, please let me know your device, operating system, browser, and whether the account is personal or work/school.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.