What I'm going to say I don't know for sure if it's true, so take it for what it is. But after this nonsense happened with Co-Pilot I started digging into stuff to see what else might happen. Supposedly free MS 365 online will stop allowing people to use online site for free sometime in the near future. "IF" that is true, I suggest getting another free word processor like LibreOffice, transfer all of your documents from the Online Word from the free site into LibreOffice just in case MS blocks your ability to access your documents.
Again, I cannot be sure if that's true, but as a safety measure it might be wise to have a backup. LibreOffice can store stuff into the Cloud but it always wise to back up files to another type of drive just in case your computer dies or the Cloud loses your information, which has happened to a few people I heard about on the internet. like anything there is a learning curve but there are You Tube videos how to do everything. LibreOffice is an open-source platform, and it has a lot more in it than just a word processor, it has the similar suites that 365 has. Read reviews about LibreOffice and see if it's something you might want to do; all I need is a word processor and a place to store backups, so the reviews were highly positive for doing that, but I didn't check all the other suites it has.