Sending, receiving, and organizing email in Outlook.com
Use Outlook.com in a browser and check these in order:
- Check storage first. If Microsoft cloud storage or mailbox storage is full, Outlook.com cannot send or receive email, and messages sent while storage was full are bounced back to the sender and are unrecoverable.
- Check the Other tab, then set Filter > All and Sort > Date so messages are not hidden by filtering or sort order.
- Check Junk Email, Deleted Items, and Archive. If a message is in Junk, mark it as Not junk.
- Check for Forwarding and Rules that may be moving messages out of the Inbox.
- If only certain senders are affected, ask one sender to send a test message and check whether they receive a non-delivery report.
- If the account password was changed recently, update it. Also check whether the account was temporarily blocked because of unusual sign-in activity.
- If mail is missing unexpectedly, review recent sign-in activity for the Microsoft account.
If messages still do not arrive anywhere in Outlook.com after those checks, use Outlook.com support from the web interface: select Help, search for the issue, then go to Still need help? and select Yes.
- Can't send or receive email in Outlook.com | Microsoft Support
- Email is missing from your Outlook.com inbox | Microsoft Support
- I'm not receiving any emails on outlook - Microsoft Q&A I have not received any emails since monday 31/08/2026 I have tried Microsoft support and can't speak with a human being just an ai generated response I've tried unistalling microsoft 365 and outlook and reintalled it but it still doesn't work however I have received loads of spam mail in my junk mail