I can’t receive my hotmail emails

Cassandra Patton 0 Reputation points
2026-10-10T01:46:15.75+00:00

I can’t receive my hotmail emails. I haven’t received new emails for several days

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Emma1-N 13,685 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-10T08:52:31.2033333+00:00

    Welcome Cassandra Patton,

    I understand how concerning it can be when your Hotmail inbox suddenly stops receiving new messages for several days.

    In addition to the questions already asked above, could you please confirm whether no new emails arrive at all, or whether emails from only certain senders are missing?

    While checking, please try these two things:

    • Sign in directly at https://outlook.live.com and check the Junk Email, Deleted Items, and any other folders to see whether the missing messages were moved there. Outlook.com may place messages in another folder depending on junk filtering or inbox rules.
    • Go to Settings > Mail > Rules and check whether there is any rule that moves or deletes incoming messages. Temporarily disable any rule that could affect incoming mail, then send another test message to your Hotmail address.

    Also, please let me know the results of the three checks requested by the Independent Advisor above, especially whether the test sender receives a delivery failure message.

    Microsoft references: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/mail/manage-email-messages-by-using-rules-in-outlook

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/working-with-message-folders-in-outlook-com

    Looking for your update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.