Microsoft Student Discount: "The client does not have access rights to the content" and "Offer not available in your region"

Leo Scott 0 Reputation points
2026-10-10T00:47:08.7266667+00:00

I had an issue where student verification completed successfully, but I received "The client does not have access rights to the content" and later "Offer not available in your region". Technical team escalated the issue when request help. I eventually resolve the issue using the following steps. Here are steps that eventually work. Have a great day :)

What worked for me was:

  1. Open the student offer and follow the process right to the verification step via your student email. Then...
  2. Complete the student verification from your student email account by right click the link and selecting an Edge InPrivate window (or preferred).
  3. Follow the prompts and you will get successful verification. But then, "offer not available in your region". Continue to accept the offer presented in US dollars.
  4. Check the country/region shown at the bottom of the Microsoft Store page. For me I had change from United States back to Australia region and confirm.
  5. After changing the region, I was able to continue without repeating the verification process again. Student discount applied.

Possible reasons for the issue may have occurred due to corrupted session/cookies, token issues, a licensing lookup problem, miss-matched against the storefront region.

This issue resolved and hopefully help others.

Community Center | Not monitored
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.