Unable to access a shared inbox but can access others

Veronica Harrison 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T20:40:09.8833333+00:00

I have access to multiple shared inboxes and 1 of them is not working for several of its shared users. All users have full access and permissions needed, all devices and apps up to date, diagnostics ran, all things in the admin center are correct and properly functioning even the service health reports nothing. At first when you click on the shared inbox it would just load and eventually you would get an error saying that your request can't be completed right now. Going on to the web version it does similar things. Sometimes you can get into the inbox and see the emails but when you try to click into the email it wont load and the same error persists. I was able to send an email out of it before it kicked me out again. I as able to add this shared folder via web but my co worker was unable to.

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kai-L 20,020 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-09T20:57:25.9633333+00:00

    Dear Veronica,

    As a forum moderator, I genuinely wish I could directly access your account or delve into the backend systems to diagnose and fix this for you. Unfortunately, my role here is limited to providing general guidance and solutions that can be applied by users. Only one shared mailbox is affected, the problem happens for several users in both Outlook and Outlook on the web, and your other shared mailboxes work normally. That points to something with this specific mailbox on the service side rather than with anyone's device or permissions.

    Since you've already confirmed the permissions, service health and diagnostics, the best next step is to open a service request with Microsoft Support. A technical support engineer can perform a remote session to investigate the situation, verify the backend configurations, and run any necessary synchronization tools to resolve the problem. If the issue requires further attention, they can escalate it to a specialized team for deeper analysis. For detailed instructions on how to get support, please refer to Get support - Microsoft 365 admin. If you don't know who your IT administrator is, please refer to this article: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support 

    For additional assistance, use this link to find the appropriate contact number from your region: Contact Microsoft customer support | Microsoft Support 

    I truly hope you get your issue resolved swiftly. Please know that even though I can't directly intervene, directing you to the correct, specialized support is the most effective help I can provide from my position. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please let me know if you need anything else. Wishing you all the best.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.