URGENT – Locked Out of Microsoft 365 Business Account Due to Microsoft Authenticator – MFA Reset Required

lyes lamri 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T13:34:54.62+00:00

Hello Microsoft Support Team,

I am the owner of the domain expert-360.ca and have an active Microsoft 365 Business subscription purchased directly from Microsoft.

I recently lost my previous Android phone, which was configured with Microsoft Authenticator.

Since then, I have been completely locked out of my professional account ([****[Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed] @expert-360.ca]).

Here is my situation:

I cannot access my Outlook/Exchange emails.

I cannot sign in to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center or Microsoft Entra.

Microsoft keeps requesting an Authenticator verification code or approval from my lost phone.

I installed Microsoft Authenticator on my new Android phone, and my professional account appears in the application, but no verification code is generated.

I have no working alternative authentication method.

I have already contacted Microsoft telephone support but have been unable to reach a technician.

I have my Microsoft 365 subscription invoices and billing information available to verify my ownership.

I urgently need assistance with resetting my MFA registration and recovering access to my Microsoft 365 administrator account.

Could a Microsoft support representative please help me open a support case and escalate this issue to the appropriate Account Recovery or Data Protection team?

I am currently unable to access my business emails, which is affecting my professional activities.

Thank you for your assistance.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. BabybooHN 3,465 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-09T13:47:00.7333333+00:00

    Dear @lyes lamri

    Thank you for explaining your situation. I understand how urgent this is, especially since losing access to your Microsoft 365 administrator account is also preventing you from accessing your business emails.

    Since your previous phone is no longer available, reinstalling Microsoft Authenticator on your new phone does not automatically restore the MFA registration associated with your Microsoft 365 work account.

    If you are the only Global Administrator and have no alternative MFA method, Microsoft Support will need to assist with verifying tenant ownership and recovering administrator access.

    As you have already experienced difficulties reaching telephone support, I recommend the following alternative:

    1. Please follow this link to create a trial tenant after that you will be able to access to Microsoft 365 Admin Center to raise the ticket
    2. Sign in to Microsoft Admin Center with the temporary tenant’s administrator account.
    3. Assuming that you have already created an account after registering a free trial and you can go to Microsoft 365 admin center and click "Help & support" icon to raise your ticket.       User's image

    Please mention that you are raising ticket on behalf of the affected tenant that you do not have access to.

    On the other hand, if you do create the trial and it resolves the issue, please remember to cancel the subscription afterward to avoid any related charges. 

    Important: Creating a temporary tenant does not restore access to your original tenant automatically. It is simply an alternative way to reach Microsoft Business Support. Support may need to verify ownership and transfer or route the case to the appropriate team.

    For reference, Microsoft’s official guidance is available here:

    Get support for Microsoft 365 for business

    As a Microsoft Q&A Independent Advisor, I unfortunately cannot directly reset your MFA registration or escalate a case internally. However, I hope this alternative route helps you reach the appropriate Microsoft Support team and recover access as soon as possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.