MS365 Business trial to access co-pilot

Tom Becker 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T10:35:19.2566667+00:00

I have a Microsoft 365 Personal subscription and am trying to access Copilot Studio.

When I try to sign in to Copilot Studio, I receive:

"Login is not supported for consumer users without business presence."

When attempting to sign up for a Microsoft 365 Business trial, Microsoft tells me:

"Looks like you're already using [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]@TBC203.onmicrosoft.com with another Microsoft service."

However, if I try to reset the password for [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]@TBC203.onmicrosoft.com, Microsoft says:

"The email or username you entered does not exist."

This leaves me in a loop:

  • Copilot Studio says I need a business account.
  • Business signup says I already have a tenant/account.
  • Password recovery says the account does not exist.

Has anyone encountered this before, and how can I either recover access to the TBC203 tenant or remove the conflicting registration so that I can create a new Microsoft 365 Business tenant?

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Julie Huynh 3,850 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-08T11:38:37.3766667+00:00

    Dear @Tom Becker,

    Good day! Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum!

    Based on what you've described, it appears that Microsoft's sign-up process is detecting the tenant name TBC203.onmicrosoft.com, yet password recovery is unable to locate a corresponding account. This may suggest that the account or tenant is no longer available, or that the original registration was not completed successfully.

    I've encountered similar situations in the past where the tenant was no longer present or the original registration was never fully completed. If that is the case here, recovering the tenant may not be possible, and creating a new Microsoft 365 Business tenant may ultimately be the most practical path forward.

    Could you help clarify a few following points:

    • Do you recall when TBC203.onmicrosoft.com was originally created or registered?
    • Was the Microsoft 365 Business trial setup ever completed successfully, or was the process canceled or interrupted partway through?
    • Have you ever been able to sign in to this tenant previously, or is this the first time you've attempted to access it?
    • Was the tenant created by you personally, or could it have been created by someone else using your email address?

    The answers to these questions will help determine whether this is a matter about an existing tenant that has become inaccessible, or whether a partially completed registration is causing the conflict during sign-up.

    If you’re able to share a bit more about your situation, I might be able to suggest some helpful next steps. 

    Kindly let me know when there are updates or if you need further assistance. Any updates you’re able to share would be really helpful. I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing how things are going! 

    Thank you for your time and patience.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.