Azure for Students - Academic verification email link not working

Aman Yadav 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T04:48:56.2033333+00:00

Hello,

I am a full-time BCA student at Integral University, Lucknow, India.

I am trying to activate Azure for Students via the GitHub Student

Developer Pack offer.

What I have completed:

  • GitHub Student Developer Pack approved (verified student since October 2026)
  • Signed in with my Microsoft account and submitted the Academic Verification form on signup.azure.com (Country: India)
  • The GitHub verification step shows "Verification complete!"

The issue:

  • I received the "[Microsoft Academic Verification] Confirming Your Academic Status" email, but the verification link (verifyemail.microsoft.com/...) always fails with the error: "The client does not have access rights to the content."
  • I tried 4 times: Gmail in-app browser, Chrome (same session as signup), and via mail.google.com in the same Chrome - same error every time.

Request: Please help me complete my academic status verification,

or suggest an alternative verification Screenshot_20261008_065416.jpg

Header 1Header 2Cell 1Cell 2Cell 3Cell 4Screenshot_20261008_065054.jpgion method.

Thank you.

Community Center | Not monitored
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.