problem renewing subscription

Peter Palmer 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T10:03:46.3533333+00:00

My subscription renewal failed as my bank had switched from Mastercard to Visa, and my credit card account number changed. I have tried multiple times to change the account details to my new account. Each time it tells me to check that the details are correct. They certainly are correct. I also tried with a different credit card, and the result was the same. I tried to address this issue with the Microsoft service agent, but got nowhere. At this point, I am in despair. It seems there is nothing I can do to address the problem, and no way of getting meaningful support from Microsoft.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. paulr0511 48,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T12:47:11.7566667+00:00

    Hello, good day and thanks for your question. Sorry to know about this and I understand that you have encountered an issue with regards to the payment for your Microsoft 365 subscription.

    Are you still encountering an issue even when you try updating your card details or information when you login to your Microsoft account at https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments?

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/update-a-microsoft-account-payment-method-2ca44141-c10d-a693-7ea6-3a22f5213283

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/change-your-microsoft-subscription-payment-method-and-options-39ab4bc1-01f9-fc28-c3a5-49e87b6e7611

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.