Copilot chat unavailable on PC, but all old chats still work on Android

Kavyaan Sharma 5 Reputation points
2026-10-06T13:58:12.4833333+00:00

After the recent Copilot update, my old Copilot conversations are still fully accessible on my Android phone. I can open every conversation and all messages load normally.

On my PC, however, Copilot says: “Copilot Chat isn't available for your age group. You can still use Search and Apps.”

Before this message appeared, the PC briefly displayed “Your full chat history is now available,” but my old conversations never appeared in the chat list.

I use the same Google sign-in on both devices. I have several years of important conversations and I want to make sure they are preserved and accessible. I am not trying to bypass any age restriction. I would like help determining why Chat is unavailable on the PC and whether this is preventing my existing history from appearing.

My old conversations are still working normally on my Android Copilot app.

Screenshot attached.

Microsoft Copilot | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Emma1-N 13,510 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-06T23:28:44.43+00:00

    Welcome Kavyaan Sharma,

    Thank you for providing the details. Since your existing Copilot conversations still open normally on your Android device, that suggests the chats themselves are still associated with your account.

    To narrow this down, could you please confirm:

    • Are you accessing Copilot on the PC through a web browser (copilot.microsoft.com) or through the Copilot app?
    • When you sign in on the PC, does Copilot show the same account information/profile picture as the Android app?
    • Approximately when did the age-group message first appear? Was it immediately after the recent Copilot update?

    In the meantime, please try these quick checks:

    • Open an InPrivate/Incognito window and sign in to Copilot again.
    • If using a browser, try a different browser (for example, Edge and Chrome) and see whether the same message appears.
    • Visit your Microsoft account profile and verify that your birth date is correct: Microsoft Account
    • Sign out of Copilot on the PC completely, close the browser/app, then sign back in.

    I look forward to your update.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.