SURFACE 7 LAPTOP WILL NOT START - how to request fix with warranty?

Kate Boongrapu 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T15:54:51.08+00:00

my surface 7 laptop will not start, the charger works for other surface laptops. I have an old case #[Moderator Note: Personal Info Removed] please reference these notes. I would like to speak to an associate/customer support from a real microsoft employee, please call me back. This case was not resolved and should not have been closed. I still have warranty with microsoft but cannot figure out how to speak to an associate or make another claim.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Power and battery
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Clary-N 16,995 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-05T23:58:27.91+00:00

    Please note that our forum is a public platform, and we will modify your question to hide your personal information in the description. Kindly ensure that you hide any personal or organizational information the next time you post an error or other details to protect personal data.


    Hi Kate Boongrapu,

    I’m sorry to hear that your Surface Laptop still won’t start, especially after your earlier support request was closed without resolving the issue.

    Since this is a community forum, I’m unable to view previous support records or arrange a callback. You can reach a live Surface support agent by following these steps:

    1. Open Contact Support and sign in.
    2. Type Live Support, then select Get help.
    3. Scroll down and select Contact support.
    4. Choose Surface under Products and services.
    5. Select your Surface model and confirm.
    6. Choose the available option to chat with an agent, request a callback or submit a repair request.

    It’s a good idea to have the serial number, proof of purchase and details from your earlier support request ready. This will help the agent review what happened and assist with a new warranty claim.

    I hope you can get the repair arranged soon.

    Best regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.