Surface Pro 12 Inch Keyboard Firmware Update

Ken Ohrn 15 Reputation points
2026-10-03T16:01:24.3+00:00

Today I got a notification of a firmware update for this keyboard. The FW version is now 7.4.139.

Can anyone help me find the release notes, or at least some detailed information about what was updated?

Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Clary-N 16,910 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-06T02:07:06.1666667+00:00

    Hi Ken Ohrn,

    I can understand why you’d want to know what changed with the update. I checked for release notes for firmware version 7.4.139, but unfortunately, I couldn’t find a detailed changelog for this specific version.

    Just a quick note that this is a community forum, so moderators and other community members may not have access to internal firmware details that haven’t been published.

    You can check Settings > Windows Update > Update history and look under Driver updates for an entry installed on the same date. This may help identify the update package, although it may not explain exactly what changed.

    You can also open the Surface app while the keyboard is connected, select the keyboard under connected accessories and expand Firmware Update. This should confirm the installed version and whether it’s up to date.

    Since your keyboard is already showing 7.4.139, it sounds like the update installed successfully. If the app shows any additional information or if you notice any issues after the update, feel free to share a screenshot with any personal information removed and I’ll be happy to take a closer look.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.