Can't delete large files from onedrive

Johnhy 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T11:09:01.8433333+00:00

Hi,

I don't use my OneDrive or any other Microsoft products so I didn't renew my subscription.

Following this I was exceeding my OneDrive storage quota.

As a result of this I couldn't send or receive emails.

I went to OneDrive to just delete everything but it failed to delete larger files.

I bought a subscription again as the forums had said it was a recycling bin size issue.

I still can't delete the large files.

At this point I just want everything in OneDrive deleted so I can be done with it.

Can anyone help me get this done?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | Other | Other

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Jeronimo Fuerte 46,725 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-03T01:30:18.11+00:00

    Sorry to hear that you are still unable to delete the larger files from OneDrive. To better understand what is happening, could you confirm whether you are deleting the files directly from OneDrive on the web (onedrive.com) or through the OneDrive folder in Windows? Also, when you try to delete one of the larger files, such as the 6 GB or 160 GB files, do you receive a specific error message or code, or does the deletion simply fail without any message?

    Since you renewed the subscription, please also check https://account.microsoft.com/services and confirm that the Microsoft 365 subscription now shows as active. Then check OneDrive on the web and let me know what storage usage/quota it currently reports. If possible, please share a screenshot of the error shown when deleting one of the affected files, with any personal information hidden.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.