How on earth do I get rid of these parental controls

Philip Kurtz 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T00:15:53.37+00:00

I've lost multiple friendships from these parental controls, my dad has been setting them up on literally everything it's so annoying I'm 12 years so when I'm 13 is there any way I can stop the parental controls at 13????

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | Other | Other
Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | Other | Other

A free app and service that helps families create healthy digital habits and stay connected. It’s designed to support both online safety and real-world awareness by offering tools for screen time management, content filtering, and location sharing

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kayece Jan Mae Amizola 16,765 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T01:06:54.4+00:00

    Hi,

    Unfortunately, if your Microsoft account is part of a family group as a child or member, you usually cannot leave the family group by yourself unless you have permission from the organizer. Your parent, who is your father, may need to remove your account or change the Family Safety settings for you.

    If you are in the U.S. and turn 13, that does not necessarily mean all of your Family Safety restrictions will automatically go away.

    Source References:
    How to leave a Microsoft family group
    Roles, permissions and data sharing in Family Safety
    Troubleshooting Microsoft Family Safety

    If you need additional assistance, please let me know.

    Stay Safe!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.